Thursday, August 26, 2010

Focus on Home

I am alive and well, despite my lack of blog posts. As you can see, my focus has been more about Heart & Home. Since my last blog post, I have attend the funeral of my Grandfather, Clifford Pelkey who passed away after a lengthy illness. When a relative passes away it is always difficult. Yet, there is the gathering of family and friends. It is always wonderful to reconnect. It is more important, as my home goes through some major changes. Concord Nurseries, Inc. Where my Husband has been employed for 25 years, has shut it's doors and ceased operation. With his last day of work on August 20, 2010.We are adjusting well to Jeff being home daily, while conducting his job search. While being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator has it's finacial rewards, it also allows me to remain creative (which by all means is very therapeutic!) I am always meeting new stampers, funny how you just find them! They inspire me with their different styles, & ideas. My new friend Rena, is at fault for this cute book! She showed me a great book on Mini Albums and I just had to try this adorable little house pattern. 
117168 Play Date Designer Series Paper
119955 5/8" Grossgrain Ribbon Early Espresso
119265 1/2" Stitched poly-ribbon pear pizazz
113469 scallop Circle #2 sizzix die
115955 Hearts & brackets sizzix die
Leave a comment, and you could receive a package of Play Date DSP! Leave comment before September 1st. I will randomly draw from the comment enteries and post the winner on September 2nd.

1 comment:

scraplady1 said...

Dawn sorry to hear of your losses. I lost my grandfather when I was about 8. I was very close to him. Second I know what your husband will be going through. But he is a man of many talents as well and will find something soon. I will be praying for all of you.
Last I just lovvvvve your house. Thank you for all your ideas. I look forward to seeing all your projects. So keep them coming.